Virtual Networking Sessions to Build Partnerships:
Sign up for our networking sessions!
New partnerships between community-based organizations and restoration-focused agencies are needed to help project leaders successfully apply for funding, engage communities, and improve habitat.
SF Bay Restoration Authority staff want to help facilitate building partnerships by hosting virtual networking sessions - this will be an opportunity to hear about our grant programs, ask questions, and make connections across different organizations and agencies.
Click the links below to register for the sessions by region.
- South Bay session - Monday, September 13, 2021 (4-5pm)
- West Bay session - Tuesday, September 14, 2021 (4-5pm)
- North Bay session - Monday, September 20, 2021 (4-5pm)
- East Bay session - Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (4-5pm)
Measure AA Grant Round:
The 2021 Grant Round opened July 8, 2021. The deadline was October 7, 2021.
Sign up for our mailing list to get updates.
The Board will fund projects that qualify as one or more of the following project types:
- A habitat project that aims to restore, protect, or enhance tidal wetlands, managed ponds, or natural habitats on the shoreline in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- A flood management project that is part of a habitat project;
- A public access project that will provide or improve access or recreational amenities that are part of a habitat project.
The Authority is particularly interested in supporting projects that address equity and include benefits to economically disadvantaged communities through meaningful community engagement.
More information on project eligibility, eligible grantees, and prioritization criteria can be found in the Request for Proposals.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a pre-application to firstname.lastname@example.org and consult with Restoration Authority staff on project eligibility by September 30, 2021. Please submit your request by September 27, 2021 (earlier preferred).
- Request for Proposals
- Full Grant Application Packet:
Submit your full grant application packet to email@example.com by October 7, 2021.
Schedule for 2021-22 Competitive Grant Cycle:
|Grant Round Opens||July 8, 2021|
|Informational Webinar||August 5, 2021|
|Full Applications Due||October 7, 2021|
|Evaluation||Fall 2021 to Winter 2021/2022|
|Grant Funding Recommendations and Board Meeting||Spring 2022|
Community Grants Program:
The Community Grants Program provides an alternative application pathway for projects led by community-based organizations in economically disadvantaged communities. More information can be found on the Community Grants Page.
- Grant Round FAQs
- The typical process of receiving our grants, linked on our Resources for Grantees page
- Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- Guidance on identifying Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- Maps identifying communities with an income less than 80% of Area Median Income, at the Census Tract and Block Group levels